A new GPS route, USFS forest service roads, points of interest and campgrounds have been added to the map. The new GPS route starts in Dillard, GA and covers USFS and paved roads to Helen, GA. Click this link to go directly to the page for this route.
The points on this map are a collection of places I have visited and also that others have shared. Please respect the property rights of others and do not trespass on privately owned property or on trails or roads that are closed. The points with a gray pin are closed or inactive. When planning to travel on USFS Forest Service Roads always check the status of the road at the USFS Visitor Map as some roads are closed seasonally and some are open year-round. You can also check the USFS Forest Service Road Google Map for road status as well.
I try to keep the map updated to note when a trail or road is closed, but please reply to this e-mail or send me a message via the form on the ‘About’ page if you visit a point on the map that needs to be updated.
You can find any of the points in this e-mail by clicking the magnifying glass (search) icon on the map legend on the left-hand side of the map on the main page and typing in the name of the point.
The GPS track below starts in Dillard, GA and travels over 5 US Forest Service and paved roads to Helen, GA and is 46.87 miles long. The Google Map on the track page also includes a number of points of interest such as a fun (rocky) hill climb and water ford on Forest Service Road 72 – Charlies Creek Rd, scenic areas, waterfalls and campgrounds. Downloadable GPS tracks are available in KML and GPX format.
Forest Service Roads
Added the following Forest Service Roads in GA:
- Forest Service Road 283 – Indian Grave Gap Rd (Hiawassee, GA)
Updated the following Forest Service Roads in GA:
- Forest Service Road 72 – Charlies Creek Rd
- Added photos and coordinate for water ford on the road
- Forest Service Road 32 – Patterson Gap Rd
- Added photos
Points of Interest & Features
Added the following points of interest and features:
- Bettys Creek Recreation Area (Rabun Gap, GA)
- Coleman River Scenic Area (Clayton, GA)
- Coleman River Scenic Area Trailhead (Clayton, GA)
- High Shoals Trailhead (Hiawassee, GA)
- High Shoals Falls (Hiawassee, GA)
- Blue Hole Falls (Hiawassee, GA)
Added the following campgrounds:
- Permission Valley Campground (Clayton, GA)
- Nichols Campground (Clayton, GA)
- Tate Branch Campground (Clayton, GA)
- Sandy Bottoms Campground (Towns County, GA)